1. Precious Glass
2. This story was about an older couple on their way to dying. There were two major incidents that happened in the story. There were two deaths that occurred. There were not too many exciting things that happened in the story. It was not a predictable story, it was a more drawn out story. There were three main characters in the story. Lars, he is a funny caring old man. The things he says are funny, he likes to reminisce back on the past. He likes for things to be his way. He also likes to do things for his self. Another main character in the story is Rachel. Lars’ wife. She is demanding and she also likes things to be her way. She does not really talk as much as Lars. They are both loyal and compassionate to each other. The last main character of the book is Lars’ daughter Laura. She is a caring person she takes time from her life to take care of her father and step mother.
3. The artwork in the book was great. It was not messy, and it was very clear to understand. There was a lot of repeating pictures. The media that was used was ink. You can clearly see that the pictures were drawn with ink, but they were put on a computer in order to be made into a book. It is very realistic, but as a reader we can still tell that it is meant to be a comic stip. The picture are polished with a clean lines and clear backgrounds. The lines are very dark and bold. Some of the lines are thick and some of them are thin. There are no other colors except for black and white. The pictures seem to take up the right amount of space on the page. They are easy to read and easy to follow along with. There is rhythm in all of the pictures. All of the features are constant to each character.
4. The purpose of writing this book is because the author wants to tell a story. She has been through a hard time in her life. The story parallels a real life even that happened in her life. She wants people to know that she has been through something and is strong enough to make I through. In this book she is letting her emotions show but in a controlled way. This book was also written to give people who are going through a similar situation hope, and a new outlook. To show that women can be strong as men. People should give this story the time of day because death is the only thing that is certain.
5. The biggest strength of this book is it allows you to wonder what is going to what is going to happen. The story keeps you guessing. Some books are just dull and flat, the story line plays out just how you think it will. This book has irony, and things do not go as planned. This book makes me think about to older people in my family that I am close to. The story made me want to keep reading it I really wanted to know what was going to happen next. My reaction after I read this book was, I like this book more than I thought. The author took an original idea, and twisted it into something new, and better.
6. The biggest weakness of this book was that is was only black and white. I wish there was some color on at least some of the pages. Also, the word choice could have been more advanced. The words that were below the pictures that looked as if they were part of the background need to be fixed. Otherwise there were not anymore weaknesses of this book.
7. There are a few groups of people I would recommend this book to. First I would recommend this book to anyone who likes graphic novels and comics. Also I would recommend this book to people who are in a similar situation, or who have went through a hard time dealing with the loss of a parent.
8. Another book that Joyce Farmer wrote is Tits & Clits. This was in the 80’s.
9. I give this book a 5/5. It was a great story and it kept my involved in the reading.